DO YOU PRACTICE SELF LOVE FOR YOURSELF??
You hear me talk about SELF LOVE all the time and talking more positive to yourself....HERE IS WHY!!! This video is very powerful if you can watch it on Facebook.
Next time you want to say something negative about yourself, ask this..."Would I say this to my...."
* Husband or Wife
* Best Friend
If your answer is NO WAY...then why in the world would you say it to yourself?? Seriously think about that. What we think is what we believe.
I want you to be fully aware of your thoughts because they can send you on a happy bus or down a spiraling set of stairs into depression if you let it.
I used to do it all the time, talk horrible about myself, think thoughts that were insane like, "No one likes me, no one loves me, I am not important enough," the list goes on and on.
Inside I was an emotional roller coaster, hence why I ate all the junk food, but I was just feeding my emotions and not solving anything! I don't want that for you, so if you are struggling hard core to love yourself, I highly suggest you get some personal development in your life.
On stressful days it is sometimes HARD not to spread that stress in your voice and in your reactions towards your family. Always be mindful and just know that through personal development, you will grow to become your best self!
Remember, I always suggest to be reading SOMETHING while on your journey...if you aren't; than are you having a hard time staying afloat and juggling it all? Do you feel overwhelmed?
I know I have been talking a lot on my social media about Life's Golden Ticket, but I am telling you what. It is and was a game changer for me!
It had me in tears the whole time and just makes you think about how you want to leave this world and what legacy you want to leave behind. How you need to change and in what ways can you be a better person.
You got to know how powerful you really are, when you put your mind to it!
Reading personal development is a form of self love, it could be a massage, getting a new workout outfit, or even a dress to show yourself that you still matter!
Even doing your workout is a form of self love because you are doing something for YOU and YOUR goals! I know life gets hard and messy and I know we all are busy, but when you take the time to show yourself that you can do it, you will feel so much better knowing you cared for yourself FIRST!
I saw a 7 step prescription for self love and I want to share that with you:
- Become mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel and want. They are mindful of who they are and act on this knowledge, rather than on what others want for them.
- Act on what you need rather than what you want. You love yourself when you can turn away from something that feels good and exciting to what you need to stay strong, centered, and moving forward in your life, instead. By staying focused on what you need, you turn away from automatic behavior patterns that get you into trouble, keep you stuck in the past, and lessen self-love.
- Practice good self-care. You will love yourself more, when you take better care of your basic needs. People high in self-love nourish themselves daily through healthy activities, like sound nutrition exercise, proper sleep, intimacy, and healthy social interactions.
- Set boundaries. You'll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.
- Protect yourself. Bring the right people into your life. I love the term frenemies that I learned from my younger clients. It describes so well the type of "friends" who take pleasure in your pain and loss rather than in your happiness and success. My suggestion to you here: Get rid of them! There isn't enough time in your life to waste on people who want to take away the shine on your face that says, "I genuinely love myself and life". You will love and respect yourself more.
- Forgive yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves. The downside of taking responsibility for our actions is punishing ourselves too much for mistakes in learning and growing. You have to accept your humanness (the fact that you are not perfect), before you can truly love yourself. Practice being less hard on yourself when you make a mistake. Remember, there are no failures, if you have learned and grown from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.
- Live intentionally. You will accept and love yourself more, whatever is happening in your life, when you live with purpose and design. Your purpose doesn't have to be crystal clear to you. If your intention is to live a meaningful and healthy life, you will make decisions that support this intention, and feel good about yourself when you succeed in this purpose. You will love yourself more if you see yourself accomplishing what you set out to do. You need to establish your living intentions, to do this.
This is something that usually takes time to master, but at least working on it will help you improve that mindset tremendously!
So tell me, which form you taking on immediately?